Video Postcard 2015, “Let it Be”

I just finished a video that I hope will give you a little taste of our sailing lifestyle.  I took the liberty to exclude various challenging moments, including but not limited to:  feeding of the fish during rough passages, night anchor watches during storms, cooking with canned veggies b/c we’ve eaten all the fresh and we are literally in the middle of nowhere, whining kids b/c there is only water all around us and no playmates, boat repairs in a MacGyver-ish kinda way because there are no parts stores in the desert … But hey, the good far outweighs the bad, and we all do love our gypsy lifestyle and the interesting, quirky and amazing people and families we meet along the way.

Hope you enjoy!

Advertisements

About Oh, the Places We've Been!

In 2008 I married Jack, the love of my life and the only man that could ever keep up with me. Instead of the nice little French Colonial with a white picket fence, we opted to make our home on the 46-foot catamaran "Let it Be". Since living on a sailboat we've had two kids and sailed thousands of miles along the coast of Central America, the United States, the Bahamas and currently Baja California. Our family of four is always ready for the next adventure and we’re never quite sure where it will take us next. Oh, the places we still have yet to go!
Video | This entry was posted in Boat, Family, Kids, Sailing. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Video Postcard 2015, “Let it Be”

1. Belinda Linton says:

Jacko and Nicoco: Thanks so much for sharing….it is just so beautiful and full of love and adventure! WOW! I wish I could have been there to share some of those special moments with you two and the kids! It is so personal and special it made me cry……I am so looking forward to our reunion ! Enjoy your days now, See you soon, love and kisses, Mom

P.S. Marcia is doing her homework and I think we might be able to finish mine on Friday….I will let you know.

2. Camila Yuma says:

Really well done, thanks for sharing. We love Baja also.

From: “Oh, the Places We’ve Been!” To: sangato@yahoo.com Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:14 AM Subject: [New post] Video Postcard 2015, “Let it Be” #yiv5484516962 a:hover {color:red;}#yiv5484516962 a {text-decoration:none;color:#0088cc;}#yiv5484516962 a.yiv5484516962primaryactionlink:link, #yiv5484516962 a.yiv5484516962primaryactionlink:visited {background-color:#2585B2;color:#fff;}#yiv5484516962 a.yiv5484516962primaryactionlink:hover, #yiv5484516962 a.yiv5484516962primaryactionlink:active {background-color:#11729E;color:#fff;}#yiv5484516962 WordPress.com | Oh, the Places We’ve Been! posted: “Hello from IL!  We have been on a little road trip visiting friends and family in the US.  Next week we plan to head back to our much-missed “Let it Be”, which we left quietly tucked in for a short summers rest in Mexico.I just finished a video that I” | |

3. ku4ou says:

Hi there…this is beautiful…made me cry! You guys are so fortunate to be able to bring the children up in such a rich environment! God bless you! Donna Conyers, formerly of Roatan and now in the Smoky Mountains of NC!

• Oh, the Places We've Been! says:

Hello Donna, I recognize you by your ham call sign. Of course I remember you. Thanks for following the blog, nice to hear you enjoyed the video. Yes, we are truly blessed. Jack

4. Debbie Murrie says:

Thank you for sharing this! It was so much fun watching your adventures!

5. unclelawwy says:

Holy Cow! You never cease to amaze me. I’m surprised you didn’t compose and play your own didgeridoo music as the film score. Love you all!

• Oh, the Places We've Been! says:

Wow, wish I would have thought of that! Our “Let it Be” band is alive and well and what a great idea to compose our own score for the next video. Thanks for the suggestion.

6. Carol McGrath says:

Beautiful video!

7. Loved the video, super awesome! Where are you going to be Nov 2015? LightSpeed is headed to Mexico and looking forward to sharing a anchorage.

• Oh, the Places We've Been! says:

Hey there David & Kathy, great to hear from you! We are currently hauled out for painting and repairs in Puerto Penasco Mexico. November-ish we will sail down the Sea of Cortez for Puerto Vallarta to prepare for a Pacific crossing in March. Would love to see you and glean all we can from your awesome travels! Stay in touch.

8. Beth says:

HI guys !.. this was awesome . You are living the dream !. Jack and Marietta are growing up so fast !. Take care , Hugs to you all